International Driving Permit | Toyota Rent a Car Shin-Osaka
If you're looking to rent a vehicle in Osaka, come to Toyota Rental Shin-Osaka. Convenient for use around the Kansai International Airport and Itami Airport. We provide free estimates for vehicle leases.

International Driving Permit | Toyota Rent a Car Shin-Osaka

Toyota Rental  & Lease Shin-Osaka Reservation Center
Tellfree within Japan 0800-7000-815

International Driving Permit

Persons who wish to drive in Japan but are residents of another country and do not have a Japanese driver's license must have a passport and International Driving Permit" that complies with the Geneva Convention" If you do not have your passport and International Driving Permit with you, a rental car cannot be leased to you,even if you have a reservation

International Driving Permit that complies with Geneva Convention

Permit displaying "Convention on International Road Traffic of 1949"
driving permit
  • "Convention on International Road Traffic of 1949" will be displayed on International Driving Permits issued by Geneva Convention member countries.
  • International licenses issued by the International Automobile Association (IAA) cannot be used in Japan.
  • International driving permits of the 1968 Vienna Convention cannot be used in Japan.
  • Vehicles that can be driven vary depending on whether the stamp is A, B, C, D or E.
  • Persons who have a driver's license from Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium, Slovenia, Monaco, or Taiwan must have their license and a Japanese translation of it. The Japanese translation must be issued by the aforementioned country's or region's embassy or consulate in Japan, or by the Japan Automobile Federation (JAF).
  • An International Driving Permit will be valid for one year from the date of issue. An expired permit cannot be used.